We enjoyed watching the nuptials of Q & U. There were so cute all dressed up and creative with their gifts. Liam was hilarious and thought it would be funny to unwrap a carrot as a joke. He had us in tears! Thank you to my wedding assistants, Sara, Priscilla, Dree, and Megan.
Also, thank you to Melissa for providing fun and engaging Valentine's Day centers. Ask your child what their favorite was.
Science Night is approaching! Each kindergartener will choose a STEM Challenge to do and then share the process. They will create a poster to display at Science NIght. Details are below. Please email me if you have any questions.
4 DAYS OF INDEPENDENT STUDY
1. Lexia- 15-20 minutes
2. Let's Find Out!
3. February Math Journal- Do 2 to 3
4. Sight Words- Use the pink sheet that was sent home. This shows the words your child dos not know. Move ahead if they know all of the words.
5. Writing- Write 2-3 sentences. They can choose their own topic or pick 2-3 qu words and write sentences. For example, The quail runs more than it flies.
Please focus on capitals at the beginning, spaces and periods. I have included paper with more lines this week so that there is space to rewrite the sentences if necessary.
1. Science Spin
2. Sight Words practice- Check out www.sightwords.com for ideas.
3. Read to your child for 20 minutes.
4. Research STEM Challenges. Google "STEM Challenge Kindergarten" for 1,000s of ideas. Pick two. Do one of the challenges today.
POSTER DIRECTIONS: You will create a poster for 1 of the STEM Challenges that you chose that shows the Engineering Design Process pictured below. The poster will be how you share the process and your solution. Your problem will be the title of your poster. An example of a problem would be, "Can you build a bridge for 21 elephants?" or "Can you build a boat that will float and hold weight?" You can glue the materials used onto the poster or make a list. Include a sketch of your design a on your poster and take pictures of the process and final product.
1. Read to your child for 20 minutes.
2. Do the STEM Challenge you chose yesterday. Work on your poster.
1. Finish your poster.
2. Read to your child for 20 minutes.
I'm thrilled to be teaching my sixth year at HRCCS! I went to Chico State where I received a BA in Liberal Studies, a Minor in Latin American Studies and my Multiple Subject Teaching Credential. I taught 3rd/4th for eight years at a multi-age, project-based, performing and visual arts school in my hometown of Stockton. My husband and I moved to Auburn in 2007 to be close to the trails and raise our children, Robby (9) and Amaya (4). I enjoy painting, cooking, working in the yard, and eating my way through San Francisco.