I've really enjoyed getting to know my class. They are a sweet bunch that fill my day with hugs and I love yous. For language arts we are working on expectations and procedures for reading groups, working on letters and sounds, and the sight words I and am. For math we are learning what makes things the same and different and sorting things by color, shape and size. We even took off our shoes and sorted them!
Independent Study for Friday, September 4th
1. Where do you enter the classroom if you are tardy?
2. What is the earliest time you can be dropped off at school?
3. What do you do when the whistle blows once during recess?
4. What time do kindergarteners need to be picked up by after school?
5. What are HRCCS three main expectations?
6. Is gum chewing allowed at HRCCS?
7. How many Hawk wings do you start with at each Trimester?
8. How many wings will you lose if you spit?
9. What happens at the end of the trimester if you have maintained 95-100 wings?
10. How can you earn wings back?
11. What should you do after you use the restroom?
12. Can you tackle or wrestle at school?
13. How do you use the slide? Can you go UP the slide?
I'm thrilled to be teaching my sixth year at HRCCS! I went to Chico State where I received a BA in Liberal Studies, a Minor in Latin American Studies and my Multiple Subject Teaching Credential. I taught 3rd/4th for eight years at a multi-age, project-based, performing and visual arts school in my hometown of Stockton. My husband and I moved to Auburn in 2007 to be close to the trails and raise our children, Robby (9) and Amaya (4). I enjoy painting, cooking, working in the yard, and eating my way through San Francisco.